Two of my friends and I went to an event sponsored by American Sewing Guild today. The guest speaker for the event was Peggy Sagers of Silhouette Patterns. She talked to us about the proper use of the French Curve and fitting techniques to help the home sewer. She is a pattern maker and a wonderful speaker. I haven't made my own clothes in a long time but she made me want to...She made a statement about quilting that I thought was interesting and my friends and I agreed with her too. Just for the record, my friends are quilters too. Her statement was that women are quilting now more than ever because they cannot sew quality clothes for themselves. She said people have trouble making clothes that fit themselves properly. Quilting is just straight lines and flat sewing, no darts or fitting problems to deal with. My friends and I agree with her a little but we also think people are making quilts because they love to do it and see a useful product too. I know I quit making clothes for myself because I would make a blouse or pants, and get it finished and it just didn't feel right on. After hearing her today and some of the suggestions and ideas she gave us, I'm going to pull out my patterns and see about making another blouse. I'll put some of her ideas into action and see it they work for me....I'll keep you informed. Here's the website for Peggy Sagers if you are interested.....http://silhouettepatterns.com/. She will also be one of the teachers/speakers at Martha Pullen this year. Martha Pullen is coming up in June....
I also went and picked up my BOM from Thomas Sewing Center this morning. Block Number 2 in this beautiful quilt. I have to get off and go work on this block....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt