Hey there. Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy working out nearly every day, tatting and yes, I have done some sewing too...I went yesterday with some friends to sew in a new quilting barn! One of my friends is a longarm quilter and she built this for herself. Well, she didn't build it but she had it built. You know what I mean... It's lovely. It can hold her car if she wants it to but who are we kidding? Right?! She has a fully functional kitchen (except for a stove)she has a microwave. A bathroom and a big cedar closet. OMG, I love this closet. I could stay in this little room forever. She puts her finished quilts in here until her customers come to pick them up. She has a TV (flat screen, of course), a big couch. I forget what they are called but it's one of those couches that curve. Anyway, about 15 people can sit on the couch. She has shelves that wrap around half of the room and it has some of her stash and books and sewing decorations and antique machines, etc. It is decorated so cute! Then she has her Longarm machine and her sewing area and a space for her car. That's where we were. There is also and upstairs area with the biggest closet in the world and she has her stash upstairs...
She had set up 6 tables for us. The long 6-8 ft. tables and she put them together so 4 people could be at the table. There were 9 of us in all and we had a great time. This is my ASG group(American Sewing Guild). We got together and made a sewing bag. Here's a picture of the little bag we made.
Everyone worked on their bags until they were finished. We had a great lunch and lots of laughter. It was alot of fun. These sewing bags are alot of fun to do too. I plan on making more and giving as gifts this year. You can leave out the middle pincushion and give them to your non-sewing friends as jewelry bags.
Here's a picture of the tatting I finished yesterday. I made this from Mary Konior's book, Tatting with Visual Patterns. It's called Spinning Wheel Glass Mat and I used Lizbeth size 20 thread and the color was Springtime #115.
Today, I cleaned house a little bit while my husband and son went golfing. After lunch, I decided to finish this pillow covering for my MIL. I gave her the quilt last month and she needed or wanted a pillow top to decorate with. I made this and finished the quilting on it this afternoon. She's coming over now and we will be grilling out on my new grill that my DH bought for me as a surprise....
He gave me a grill and I gave him a chain saw. While he cuts down some of the trees around our pond, I'll be using that grill to feed a hungry man. Gotta go for now. Gotta go make some hamburger patties. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday.
Don't forget to thank a serviceman or woman for our freedom that we are able to enjoy this holiday. Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt