I have been busy this week but in a different way. All of this tatting, knitting and quilting are great for the mind and inspiration but not so good on the body. You gotta get your parts moving so you don't weigh a million pounds. My husband and I joined a gym last week. We both work at the hospital and it has a Cardio Vascular Center that promotes employees and families to work out and get in shape. They had a promotion so dear hubby and I joined. I started walking the track and using the bicycle on Friday. I walked a mile and spent 15 minutes on the bicycle. Then I walked in the pool and swam one lap. I thought I would be sore Saturday but not too bad. Monday afternoon, DH and I worked out together. We started out with the bicycles and then walked the track. We worked out on all the machines. I was a little sore Tuesday but still not too bad.
Tuesday, I went to tatting and had a great time with the girls. Lucille and I worked on the Pearl tatting again. We talked about the different ways to do it and decided the easiest method was the one Cathey showed us a few weeks ago. It was Mary Jo's birthday and she brought Cheesecake. Wow, it was wonderful. She can really make great cheesecake. So much for working out, huh! Anyway, it was really good but it's food like this I HAVE to avoid in order to lose the weight and get healthy like I want to. We had a good time at tatting but we missed two of our regular members. Miss Nancy was getting sick and she stayed home. Although she sure has been working on her tatting....Looks good, Nancy. I hope you get well quickly. Cathey's Mom was having surgery and she was with her. Our hearts and Prayers go out to you, Cathey. I hope your Mom gets better quickly....We missed both of these girls but we had fun too....
I went to the gym yesterday and had my first class. It was called All Ball and it was a core workout with the big balls as well as smaller balls. It was an hour class and I was exhausted by the time it was over. Angie, the instuctor said I did really well and that I had good balance. Walking down the stair, my legs felt like jelly. Ok, where did that good balance go to? I was going to do the Water Aerobics but....I got my suit on and walked in the water for 6 laps. That was all I could do.
I could barely get out of bed today. I am so sore everywhere! My legs especially...I knew I was in bad shape but wow! I was going to take the beginning Yoga class today but I'm afraid if I got down on the floor I wouldn't be able to get off of it! I'd just have to lay there. I tell you what, it really makes you think about eating that piece of cake just to be able to work it off! Anyway, I don't want to miss Grey's Anatomy tonight. Gotta get home and get ready for it! I will be working out tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Til next time....
I have some tatting to show you too, just haven't stopped to take pictures. Will post soon.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt