Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I missed Tatting Tuesday for my Quilt Guild
I hate it when I have to choose between things I love to do...tonight I had to miss tatting in order to go to my Quilt Guild meeting. Sometimes I do both but I didn't feel like hurrying tonight. Tatting is in Richardson and my guild meeting is in Mesquite. They are about 20 miles apart. I could have gone to tatting for awhile then to my quilt meeting but I feel so rushed when I do this and don't get quality time at either function. I have not been going to the Quilt meetings but I was shamed into going again. I went to TAQG Rally day (that's Texas Association of Quilt Guilds for all you out of staters) and saw all my buddies from quilting there. I had so many friends walk up to me and tell me they missed me and wanted me to come back that I just had to go...I went and took the quilt to my friend that I finished and she loved it...it had been sitting at her house for 10 years, so she was pleased to get it back to bind and give to her son....Once at the guild meeting, I had a great time and we did 4 mini lessons on different ways to do applique. I've done all of them but I did learn a few tricks I didn't know too. I will do some quick applique and share the little tricks I learned with ya'll maybe this weekend. I sure missed my friends and I'm really glad I went tonight. I'm going to have to figure out how to juggle my time better...Hmmm, I wonder if I can take off a little early from work on Tuesday and then later go to quilting....something to think about. gotta go for now, til next time...
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt