I have finished so many things since my computer was on the blitz....it's hard to tell where to begin...so I'll start by posting some of the last things cuz these are the ones I remember that I haven't showed you.
Here's a Spinning Wheel Glass Mat from Mary Konior's book Tatting from Visual Patterns. It is one of my favorite patterns.
Next comes my favorite snowflakes...It is one of Ruth Perry's patterns or should I say Rozella Linden and is called the Gloria Snowflake...Anyway, I have made this one several times and I love it. The big one is in size 10 thread and the smaller is size 20.
This is my latest finish. It is from Jon over at Jon's Thread Escapade. It is her pattern called Quantiesque and you can get to her pattern from this link...
This one is a quilt that belongs to a friend of mine. I thought I would have this finished by last Christmas but alas, here it is July. I'm going to give this to her Tuesday when I see her and ask her if it still counts for Christmas. You know you see all the sales and ads that say: Christmas in July Sale...does that count? Anyway, I hand quilted this one for her to give to her son. Part of it was already quilted, I just finished it up. I didn't think it would take me so long but you know how it is when you take on someone else's projects. I put it aside and quit working on it. The guilt bug finally got the best of me and I started working on it so I could get it off my list. OMG, it feels so good to have it finished. I can't wait to give it to her. I hope she is pleased. I know I like looking at it now that it is finished. I did enjoy the hand quilting and I'm ready to do one of mine now...
I saw this bookmark on Dantatter's blog and I just loved it. She didn't have the pattern. She said she got it off the web along time ago but the site she got it from was not there anymore. I just looked at it and counted and copied it the best I could. I think it turned out ok. I am going to re-tat it again soon and work out the kinks in it....I enjoyed doing this one.
This bookmark is from Nancy at New to Me. She made this up and shared it with me. Here's a link to her blog... She and I see each other on Tuesday's. I call it Tatting Tuesday...(I know there is a blog that does the Tatting Tuesday thing and I'll have to let her know about our little group.) We meet at the Richardson Senior Center and there are about 20 of us now. Our little group is growing more every week. We have ladies that come in that know how to knit and crochet and they join us too. We have alot of fun.
This last one is the Canadian Maple Leaf and I got the pattern from the web...I forget where but it is easily found if you type in tatted Canadian Maple Leaf. If you have trouble fining it, leave a comment and I'll locate it for you.
I have really missed blogging and keeping up with all my friends in blogland. I felt like something was really missing in my life. I have made so many friends through the online community and I hope I never lose connections again. Come back and see me again and I'll post some more finishes tomorrow. I have to do some browsing now and see what everyone else is doing...Hugs to you all. Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt