Today was Tatting Tuesday and I went to the Richardson Senior Center to tat with my friends. We had a good time. We've had several ladies join us the past few weeks and we are now up to about 15 every week now. There's been a few that visited a few times and haven't come back but there's also been several that have joined our happy little group and are still coming. We are at the deadline now of turning in our paperwork for the great State Fair of Texas. I sent my entry in yesterday. I waited until the last minute to decide if I really wanted to enter...deadline is July 31 for the paperwork. If it makes it ok, if it doesn't that's ok too...There are so many ladies from my group that are entering, it will be tough for the judges to decide who the winners are. Of course, I already have my winners picked out. I will let you know if I'm right. The fair opens Sept 25th but the winners will be announced about Sept 9th. I'll take pictures then and let you see. All of the entries aren't completely finished yet. There's still a few days before we have to take the actual items in....Everybody was excited and talking about the fair last night. Several of us are doing tatting demos at the fair. Two to three of us at a time will be doing the demo and it should be alot of fun. We can set up a display to show our work and I will take pictures of that too!
I have been visiting a blog lately called Ambitatterous and she celebrates Tatting Tea Tuesday nearly every week. If you get a chance, hop on over and visit with her. Here's a link to her blog: Ambitatterous.
Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt