I went to our annual ASG (American Sewing Guild) Luncheon yesterday in Arlington. Our group was well represented. I think we have 18 people in our group and 11 of us went. To say the least, we were the loudest group there.You can't shup up women when they are talking about sewing and eating!!! We had a good lunch followed by our meeting, annual election of officers, door prizes and a wonderful trunk show. The trunk show was put on by Vivian Luster and her sidekick Bonnie, from the Sewing World of Grapevine. Vivian is the owner of this wonderful store that sells Babylock, Brother, and Janome sewing machines and they must have a great craft and sewing club (I wished I lived closer!!!) there because they sure showed some cute things from the club....Quilts, purses, tablerunners, bags, wine bottle covers, pillows, jackets and so much more. I go to this luncheon every year and this year was the best one I've been to. The food was good, the location was good (we went to the Hilton Hotel in Arlington) and the prizes were great. I won a great door prize, the John Flynn Quilting Frame. Nice prize, huh? Anyway, we all had a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to another year of sewing with this group. Here's a few pictures from the event....
Here's a cute Jelly Roll Quilt
This bag was made with 1 yard of fabric...cute, huh? It looks smaller in the picture than it actually is. This is turned sideways but the bag is actually quite big and roomy.
This is a lunchbag...check out the buttons on this one.
This pillow was made by one of the ASG members. I love Dresden plates so I just had to take a picture of this one...
This last picture is also made by one of the members. It is a sweatshirt jacket made with scraps of fabric.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt