I went to pick up my BOM this morning and I just couldn't come back home without making a pit stop at Joann's. They are having a big sale on books and notions. I bought a plastic container that was 50% off. I'm going to use this to carry my projects back and forth each month for my BOM. We have to complete the block and bring it in each month to show that we actually did the block. We then receive the next month's block free. If we don't make the block or we don't make it into the shop at the designated time, we pay $5.00 for the next month's block. Believe me, that is an incentive to get to the meeting or class to pick up your block. I know it's just $5.00 but that's another $5.00 added to your quilt top that you could have used for other fabric, a new notion or a Starbuck's... We get the next month's block and any tips or tricks too, plus we get to see each other and that makes it worth the trip. This group is a fun bunch of women and we get free donuts and coffee too...Let's not forget the shopping too! Oh well, sorry, I got off track! I picked up my block, visited with the ladies, took some pictures, bought a few pieces of fabric that told me they wanted to come home with me and went to Joann's....Now, back to Joann's...I bought my plastic container and a new quilt book that was also on sale for 40% off. This is the first book like this I have seen and I am really anxious to try it out. Have you seen this or used this book? It's called Quilting Dot to Dot by Cheryl Barnes. It is a book with patterns for the machine quilter (sewing machine) not long arm machine....I thought it looked very interesting..Give me your feedback on this book if you've read it or used it. I'll let you know what I think too. Here's my project box with some of the goodies I bought today.
Here's the book I bought
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt