Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I'm getting excited about the Houston Quilt Show
I'm going to the Houston Quilt Show this week and I'm so excited. I'm going with Cathy and Marie from my tatting group. They are also quilters and we are heading out Friday to do some serious shopping. Should I tell you now? I have never been to the Houston Quilt Show. You say, what???? Never been? That's right. I have never been to the Houston show. I have been quilting since 1992 and really never wanted to go.... Why? Different reasons. Work, lack of money, lack of time, too sick, too tired, didn't want to go, didn't want to go with the people that asked me, didn't want to go by myself, etc, etc. etc. Well, this year, two of my tatting friends talked me into it. I just happened to have vacation time left over and the desire was there. I don't have all the money saved up that I wanted to but whoever has enough money? Well, I'm going and am preparing myself to be on overload so I won't be so overwhelmed when I get there. I'm going to try not to take 1000 pictures but I do remember things better when I take pictures. When I went to the fair, I took a picture of where my car was parked so I could remember...I deleted that one but it sure helped. I'm getting more excited every day. I told my friends that I had never gone and they couldn't believe it. Cathy said she was thinking about making me wear a tiara. Yeah, right, that will happen! Anyway, I'm looking forward to the trip and a few days with the girls. I'm hoping the weather improves before we go. Of course, we will see the quilts but I can't wait to see all the new gadgets, gizmos and gotta haves! Three more days and we'll be on our way....Maybe I'll see you there...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt