Ok, I'm still working on my UFO #4- Nostalgic Garden. On Saturday, I went to pick up my BOM for January and they had a sale on fabric. I decided to get some extra fabric to make pillowcases to go along with my quilt... I try to make pillowcases for each quilt I make but that doesn't always happen. This one will be my quilt and it will go on my new bed. I bought a sleigh bed and I'm looking at mattresses now. We are going down from King Size to Queen Size. I didn't realize how much difference in size there was until we started trying out mattresses. Quite a difference...I want more room in my bedroom so this is one way to do it. It's alot cheaper than reconstruction on the house.
Here's my block 10 of the Marti Michell BOM I'm working on and my pillowcases.
Anyway, I went home, made the pillowcases and made my BOM for next month for this group. I sat down to eat lunch and afterwards worked on my block 8. I made the mistake of turning on the TV and I got interested in a movie so I continued working on my embroidery blocks. I finished block 8. I had to stop for awhile and make a dessert to take over to my son's house. We were going to watch the Cowboys game and have supper at their house. So I made a quick dessert...Rice Crispy Squares. I haven't made these in years and had forgotten how messy they can be. I had to laugh at myself cuz I had all these rice crispies on my hands and couldn't get them off. (Yes, I put butter on my hands but that didn't work too good for me.) So, I just decided to eat it off. I had forgotten how good these were! My DH came in and caught me doing this. He laughed at me and told me I had some on my nose. I did get it finally made and cut up. I wasn't sure if this was a good enough dessert to take over until I went over there. It was a big hit with my grands and son and DIL. I brought home an empty dish. After we put the kids to bed, I was able to work on block 9. I got it almost all done while there. Yeah, the Cowboys won too!
Sunday, I finished block 9 and started on block 10. I'm so happy to be finishing this project and my blocks look exactly like I want them. I'm on schedule with my blocks so far. Monday night, I finished block 10 and started block 11. I called my sister and told her I was working on block 11 and asked her how far along she was. Can you believe that she called me a dirty name? She said she had just finished block 1. I didn't remember that she only collected the blocks along the way and had never done any of the blocks. She said it might be Christmas before we had lunch to celebrate her finish... We'll see.
Here's blocks 8, 9 and 10...only 2 more and I can start putting together.
Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt