I had a wonderful weekend. I got to sew every day I was off. It was like I was possessed or something. I havent' wanted to sew like this in a long time and I am so glad my "want to" is back. I had so much fun sewing too. I put the radio on and listened to KLUV, the oldies station here in Dallas. They were playing the 500 top requested songs of 2009 and I enjoyed that too. Of course, most of them were the Beatles, so how could it not be good??? I sang along to alot of the songs while me and my sweet Bernina just sewed and sewed... I pulled out my ten UFO's and got them organized. When the number was pulled, I started working on my UFO again. As I said earlier, it brought back some good memories. I did all my coloring on the remaining blocks and I've almost got block 7 done with the embroidery. I've got to do all the handwork now to put these blocks together. I am going to try to get these blocks finished by Jan 14th. I can sew them together and take the quilt over to my girlfriend's house. She has a longarm machine and has kindly consented to me using it while she sews and we visit. I will be doing some cutting for her and helping her sew some things in exchange. She is a sweetie and will let me use her machine whether I help her or not but I feel better if I do something for her too...Anyway, I've enjoyed working on this quilt again and it is on it's way to completion. I decided I would sew while I could and the family was away -then work on the hand work while watching TV with them. I finished all my blocks for one of my other UFO's and will be putting that together along the way too. This was a major accomplishment as it was 56 blocks. It was the same block, over and over....that was why it was a UFO to begin with. I got bored with it...Now that all the blocks are finished, I can start putting that one together too. Here's what all I got finished this weekend. I'm not posting it here to brag, I just want to keep track of it when I look back later.
1. 12 house blocks (8 big-4 small)
2. 8 Nine patch blocks (I won some blocks at my small group Christmas party but the pattern needed alot more. I won 24 - 9 Patch blocks and 24 - Hour Glass Blocks. The pattern calls for 72 of each.)
3. 48 Hour Glass Blocks
4. Block for my BOM for the Thomas Quilt
5. Finished all 56 blocks for the Scrappy Pineapple Quilt
6. Worked on but didn't finish block 7 of my UFO
See, I told you I got alot done. I cleaned house, cooked meals for my family and watched the Cowboy game too...The guys will be watching another game and I'll get to sew tonight too. Til next time...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt