Saturday, January 2, 2010
Waiting for the challenge
Ok, I've been all set to start the challenge. I've been checking blogs to see if the number was pulled and I just couldn't sit here and do nothing. So, I picked up one of my UFO's and started working on it again. I had alot of blocks to finish putting together and I at least wanted all the blocks made so I could start laying them out. The 10 UFO's I picked are in various "stages". Some are just started, some are half-way quilted, some have the blocks all completed and need to be put together and some just need to be quilted and bound. I'm thinking if I get all 10 done, I'll start another list and work off of it too. At this point, I have high hopes of finishing alot of quilts, tablerunners, purses and anything else I can throw in. I'm excited and ready to start the new year off right....I have been looking at Bonnie Hunter's site, Quiltville, and seeing what quilts can be made quickly with some of my scraps....I do need to make a small wallhanging for our Guild Auction this year too. I have picked the pattern for that already but I haven't decided on the fabric. I'm thinking it's just going to be scrappy. The pattern I'm using is from Marcie at Patchalot Patterns and it is on the right hand side of my blog. The Christmas freebie for 2009. It finishes up about 22" and that's just about the right size. I think our rules are that the quilt can't be more than 25" on any side...I might as well get this little quilt started and finished early so I'm not pressured. I did get some more house blocks made yesterday too. These are smaller than the first house blocks. The first ones I made were like 9 1/2", I think these are like 4 1/2". I need 8 of these. 4 for March and 4 for April. I made 4 and I'll make the other 4 later. I'll post a pic later. I'm going to stop now and check to see if the number has been pulled yet and work on my monthly challenge. More later....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt