I am participating in Heidi's Friday Night Sew In...here's some of the thigs I sewed on last night. I decided to do what Amy does...I made a list of things I wanted to work on and that was my plan.
I did a BOM for my guild. Here's Willie's block. She chose a real simple heart pattern and wanted it scrappy. She said she did not want it pink but all colors and to do what we wanted. The squares are 3" finished, so this block finishes at 12 1/2"...
I did the last of my nine patches and put them up on my design board. I still have a few hour-glass blocks to do but wanted to see how it was going to look. I won 22 of the nine patches and 22 of the hour-glass blocks and had to do 50 more of each...I like this little quilt and I'll be working on this one this month. I want to have the top put together to show my small group next month. There were two drawings, I won one of the drawings and my friend Glenda, won the other. She and I split doing the nine patches. She did fifty and I did fifty and then we swapped...We are sewing it together and showing it next month, I hope.
(Ok, don't worry, I know some of the hour-glass blocks are put up wrong, I just wanted it on the design wall, I'll fix them before I sew.)
And, I put the binding on this little donation quilt. I'm giving this one to the Quilts For Kids. Thanks to Amy, I'm calling this one "Warm Fuzzies."
I also pinned the little fairy quilt together so I could machine quilt it. I'll be quilting this one Saturday and Sunday and hopefully get it finished this weekend. I want to send these two quilts off to QFK's asap...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt