Ok, this is my last post that says UFO #7 because.....it's not a UFO anymore! Here's another finished object for 2010. Yes, that's right, you heard me...my #7 is complete and I have the rest of the month to work on other things. I do have to still put a label on it and I plan on doing that. I want to make it with my computer and I'm going to try that out. I have some solution to soak my fabric in to make the ink not fade. I think it's called Retayne...anyway, I'm going to try it out and I'll let you know how it works. I've done labels off the computer before without it on one quilt and when I washed it the label faded..The words are still there and you can see it but it sure washed out alot. I'll try this stuff and test it and let you know how it works. I'm going to try it out and do all the testing on it before I sew it on.
Here's My Sewing Friends:
I was able to work on two of the blocks from Amy's BOM. Two down and one to go for this month. I printed the last block out and didn't get to do it yet. It's a little more tedious than these two and you have to do templates for it so, I saved it until last.
These blocks were fun to do.
(Please note that these are on my new design wall)
Blackford's Beauty block:
Mosaic star went together very easily the way Amy told us to do it. She suggested using the Easy Angle ruler and making half square triangles instead of the old way of set-in seams. The Easy Angle ruler is my favorite ruler of all times. I love it and think it's a great tool. She also suggested on the layout to put the block together in stages. 4 of the sections will look like a W, 1 star and the corners will be 4 patches. I layed the block out first and decided Amy's suggestion was the best way to go. So, I sewed the 4 W sections, the 4 pathches and the star together, then layed the block out. Sewed the sections together as they should go and it went together so easily. Easy Peasy....a finished block.
Yes, Amy, my block finished at 12 1/2"! Yeah, I had my doubts too but it all came out ok...
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt