I went to my small group meeting last night and we worked on making heart pillows. We make these pillows and give to various hospitals in our area for breast cancer patients and heart patients. (Presbyterian Hospital has received these in the past but I just took 9 bags -120 pillows in all- to them a few weeks ago and they can't get anymore right now. They don't have anymore room for them!) We got alot done but I didn't count them all. We had a great time chatting and visiting too while stuffing and sewing up the pillows. Several cut out, one sewed, one ironed, and many stuffed. It was a great assembly line and a great way to get things done in a hurry for charity. We've done this before when we made baby quilts for the area hospitals.
We only had a few people bring show and tell, but, guess what, my camera was dead. So, no pictures from our meeting. They are going to tell me about this one, I'm sure...
I left work a little early this afternoon and went over to the City of Mesquite. I have three quilts on display there along with about 36 other quilts and I took picturs of all of them. The city asked us to display our quilts to advertise for our upcoming show next weekend. We have a quilt show every year the weekend after Father's Day. So, here are the quilts that were on display. Most of these are ribbon winners from year's past and some are not, but all are beautiful quilts. I hope you enjoy them and if you get a chance and are in the neighborhood, please come to the Quilt show.
The show is at Rutherford Recreation Center
900 Rutherford Dr.
Mesquite, Tx. 75149
June 25 and 26, 2010.
The doors open at 10am and close at 5pm. We have vendors, demonstrations, door prizes and a Mini quilt auction.
Here's a sample of the workmanship you will see at our little show. We have some very talented women in our group and they love to show their talents off....Enjoy the samples...
Blue Willow by Sandy
I Speak for Myself by Sharon
Dear Jane by Betty
There's a Dog on My Quilt by Sandy
Sandy's Garden by Sandy
Seven Sisters by Nancy
Cosmos by Nancy
Echoes by Mae
Radiant Swirls by Grace
Embroidered Baskets by Mae
Wild Thing by Ethel
My Pink Sampler by Naomi
Martha Washington's Flower Garden by Ethel
More Half Square Triangles by Naomi
Grandmother's Flower Garden Basket by Sharron
Apple Core by Betty
Grandpa's Flower Garden by Shirley
Sixtet Splendor by Shirley
The Bear Family Album by Linda
Hip to be Square by Evelyn
PicNic by Sharron
Delectable Mountain by Shelia
Grandmother's Fan by Mae
Tulips by Ethel
Grandmother's Fan by Nancy
My Delectable Mountain Star by Linda
Cats More Cats by Shelia
Patriot Blooms by Linda
My Reward by Nancy
Made in the USA by Beverly
Paw Paw's Neckties by Ethel
Pink and Gray and Red All Over by Shelia
Tripping Around by Sharron
Prisms by Betty
Carson City Honey Bee by Mae
Heart's Desire by Nancy
Josh's Diamonds by Mae
1930's Reproduction Dresden Plate by Nancy
This one is on permanent display at the City of Mesquite. It was made by a friend of mine and has all the firefighters on it. My friend, Nancy made this for the Fire Dept. a few years back. Her husband was a fireman for Mesquite and is now retired. This is an amazing quilt and she did a wonderful job on this quilt.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt