Friday night I made two blocks for my ASG group. I made this month's block and the block for next month. I used the pattern from Freda's Hive for this month. She is one of the guest designers for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along that I'm participating in. I liked her block so much that I decided to share it with my group. Her directions were easy to follow and my group could use these to make their blocks. I made next month's block to show the girls and I used Quilter's Cache website for this block. Both of these blocks were easy and quick to make. I'll have two quilts when I'm through with this project. I like that, two for one! I'll decide what to do with these quilts once they are together. I'll show you when they are together...
This is a block I made using the directions from Freda's Hive website:
Winged Four Patch from Quilter's Cache website
Saturday was the Mequite Quilt show. It was a good little show. I enjoyed walking around and looking at all the pretty quilts. I bought a few kits and some other little items I just couldn't pass up. I'll use the kits to make Christmas gifts so I do not feel guilty about buying those! They are already cut up kits so they should be quick to sew. There were alot of traditional quilts anda few not so traditional. I took a few pics of some of my favorite quilts so I hope you enjoy them....til next time.
The first 6 quilts are Mini quilts for our silent auction. These were some of my favorites.
Best of Show in the Mini Quilts...made by two of my friends. Sharon made it, (this is her first applique block) and Sharron B hand quilted it. Good job girls!
These are blocks for next year's raffle quilt.
This is Delilah's block. She is also in my tatting group, See the little tatted butterfly? Too cute...
The right block was hand drawn by Mae...Hand drawn girls...You should see some of her other drawings. She is an amazing artist.
This is called Remembering Wisteria. Lovely fabric and the 9 Patch Pizazz book-a lethal combination.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt