I pulled out my Pfaff machine and starting sewing on the pink pinwheels again. My Pfaff is so dependable and easy to sew on. I bought it last year off of Craigslist and it has done me well. When I get Ms. Bernina back, I'll reward my Pfaff with a trip to the Pfaff dealer for a cleaning and oiling. But, I digress...I was sewing along on the pink pinwheels and my husband yelled up at me. Hey, we're hungry, can you fix some lunch? Now, doesn't he know this is a holiday? Holidays are supposed to be relaxing and doing what you want, right? Well, I want to sew. But, the guys have to be fed too and my DH only cooks easy stuff. You know, breakfast items and anything in a box with directions, like a box cakemix. He's gotten really good at making cakes. So, I went downstairs and fixed lunch for some hungry guys. There were 4 guys ready to eat. My two boys, my husband and a friend of my youngest son was here too. They were all working outside on cars. Both sons have just purchased cars that they wanted to repair, excuse me, restore is the right word, so they could drive. They were hot and sweaty and smelled like boys but they were hungry. I made lunch, made more iced tea for them, visited with them awhile and sent them back outside. Now, back to my sewing....
I was working away and almost had all the rows together and my DIL called. She and the grands were coming over, was that ok? Of course, I said ok, have to see the grandbabies. So, I stopped sewing again and went downstairs to see what all was needed for supper. She brought steaks with her and I made salad and baked potatoes. We chatted and I played with the grandbabies and it was finally time for them to leave. I went back upstairs to my sewing room and was able to finish this quilt. It wouldn't have taken long at all to do if I had not had so many interruptions or machine failures. But, at long last, here is the pink pinwheel quilt top I have been working on. It is now ready to go to Carolyn. It is for her. She is a long-arm quilter. She has so much business she doesn't have time to do her sewing. We are bartering. I'm sewing for her, she's quiting for me....this is the first one. I'll have more to come later when I take this one to her. The is called Sweet Summer Breezes by Common Threads Quilting in Waxahachie, Tx. This was a kit that she bought. I don't know how long ago it was so I don't know if it's still available. I love the pink toile nursery rhyme fabric, it was really cute.
Here's a close-up of some of the images on the fabric:
The Old Woman that lived in the shoe:
Here's the quilt top:
I'm sorry about the pictures, this turned out to be pretty large and I only had one person around to hold it....It is 87" X 87" square quilt.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt