Ok, for all you party people, drink some coffee and get up. It's the 1st day of a new year and time to get busy. I've heard this all my life...Whatever you do on the first day of the year is what you will be doing the rest of the year. Now, I don't know where that came from but I hope part of it's true. My husband got up and fixed breakfast for us. Woo hoo, no cooking! I could get used to that! He's putting the Christmas decoratations in the attic and helping clean up the house. Another woo hoo for him helping. Now, we are changing our bedroom around. After that is finished, he's going outside to piddle around with whatever he wants to and then I get to sew. Later, I'll be putting the ham into the oven and cooking the black eyed peas, cabbage and corn bread for a later supper. We will just be snacking this afternoon and he'll be watching sports while I play in the sewing room. This sounds like a great start to a good year....I can handle this kind of year all through the year!
Ok, let's get serious. Get that coffee and run over to Angela's blog. I have signed up for a Scrappy Saturday this year that she's hosting. Today just happens to be the first one of the year and I'll be using my blue scraps. I have decided to make a mug rug and she has the directions. I have seen these little buggers all over other blogs and I've been wanting to do some so here's the perfect opportunity. Click here and it will take you to her blog to see the mug rug and other ideas for this month. She has three ideas this month. Each 1st Saturday, she'll be giving different ideas for short projects to use up your color palette. It's not too late to sign up and get some of those scraps out of your sewing room and made into something useful instead of just laying around. Click here to sign up for her Scrappy Saturdays. So, let's get busy. Happy New Year and I'll show you what I did later today.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt