Yesterday afternoon, I went over to my friend, Jackie's house. She has a long arm quilting frame and she has the same little mystery quilt on her frame right now that is what I call my UFO 3. We are in the same small group and did the mystery together. She had hers put together for awhile now but she is now getting around to quilting it. Ours look pretty much the same except for a few blocks are in different places. She also put a piano key border around hers but I think hers was like a 4 1/2" border. She is custom quilting hers and it is looking BEAUTIFUL!!! She does very nice work and I'm really looking forward to seeing her little quilt done. Oh, I left her house and just wanted to go home and put mine on the frame and just quilt away!!! I wanted to but didn't. I will do it but I want to practice on some other little quilts before I do this one. It will get done but not until I'm a little more comfortable.
I did go home and was able to make two more blocks to my 30's sampler but I didn't take a picture of them. I'll take a pic tonight.
I see where Nancy, at Patchwork Penguin picked the UFO number already for next month so I'll get my UFO 8 out and try to see where I stopped on it....I know exactly why I stopped working on this one. It didn't fit together like it should but it wasn't because I had made any mistakes in the cutting or sewing. The pattern was drafted by someone and it didn't fit together right. I'm just going to put this one together the best I can and go on....It's a small quilt and it shouldn't take too long, I hope...I'll show you the progress later on this one. I'm going to go now and see what's going on with my blogging buddies and Design Wall Monday. Have a happy day and drive careful. We have bad weather coming in tomorrow and maybe I'll get to stay home and snuggle up to my sewing machine!!! Stay warm....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt