Have you ever had a quilt or project that stayed on your mind so much, you couldn't think of anything else; or want to work on anything else? Well, this is that one on my mind...It keeps calling to me to be finished. UFO 3 as I call it right now. I came home Monday night and continued to work on it. I put a small black border around it and I put together enough strips for two sides. I think it looks wonderful with the piano key borders. I have to put together more strips for the other sides but I'm going to make some more little blocks for the corner squares. It's up on my design wall just begging me to work on it...I had to ignore it last night and go to my tatting group. I did go up and look at it while I was getting my materials ready for knitting tonight but I promised it I would work on it Thursday night. I'll show you the progress by Thursday night. The piano keys just make this quilt.
Last night was Tatting Tuesday and I worked on my flag. I am getting this done slowly but I'm really enjoying it. I don't get to tat except on Tatting Tuesdays as I've got so many other crafts to work on. I am on the last two strips so hopefully I can get this finished by the first part of February. One of the girls brought Primo dough last night to tatting and showed us how to do it. She brought her rolling pin, cutter and pasta maker. She brought her cutters and made small stars. My friend, Mary Jo, is making a flag too and she wanted these for her tatted flag. I am considering this but I really want to stick to all thread so I can put this in the fair under tatting and not other techniques....I'll let you know...
Tonight, I'm going to be teaching a friend of mine to knit. Maybe I should say, I'm going to try to teach her to knit. She's left handed and I've never taught anyone to knit. I'm going to show her what I do and try to help her get the hang of it. We'll see how it goes tonight and if it goes ok, I'll continue next week. If not, I'll refer her to the knitting store or my friend that teaches knitting for a living....I'm excited but kinda nervous. Wish me luck!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt