Last night I baked my polymer clay buttons. I borrowed a toaster oven from a friend of mine. She uses this only for her craft projects. Anyway, I learned alot with this first attempt. I had enough buttons to go on two trays which is what this oven came with. I lined the trays with parchment paper and put the buttons into the oven. I cooked them at 275 degrees just like the directions said. The top tray came out perfect. The bottom tray was a little different. I like what happened but it was an accident and probably can't be repeated. The bottom tray was closer to the heating element and some, not all, of the stars came out, shall we say, darker than the others. They kind of look like they were bronzed. I actually like them but only a few of these turned out this way. If these were cookies, I would definitely just toss them in the trash. They looked crispy, I guess that's the word I'm looking for. Anyway, I have enough stars to put on my flag and now I'm not sure I want to do that. They fit but I really don't like them. I'll take some pics and show you this afternoon.
I tried to print on the Printed Treasures paper fabric and it would not go through my printer. I tried several times and it just wouldn't work. So, I was so disgusted about the buttons and the paper, I just turned everything off and went to bed to sulk...
Today, I will go home and look at everything again. Maybe it was just my attitude last night when I took the crispy ones out and looked at them. I'll decide what to do and show you.
Machine Quilting Cool Leaves on a Baby Quilt
19 hours ago