Yesterday, after work, I drove over and dropped off my Bento Blocks for the swap. Woo hoo, nothing like finishing before the deadline! Martha had getten about 20 packages so far and she was expecting 35 in all. The deadline is this Saturday, the 11th. So, I'll be getting those blocks back after that time. I cooked supper and then went to my sewing room. I've been on so many deadlines lately, I felt kinda strange not to feel pressured to work on anything. I pulled out some fat quarters and cut them up into strips and started working on my forty 9-Patches for this month. I got the strips all sewn together, now I need to cut them up and create the 9-Patches. I had to stop to watch The Closer. There were 2 shows last night. Next week is her finale...I can't believe this show is going off. I love this show. Anyway, I watched Brenda and then went back to my sewing room to pull the name for my Think Christmas drawing.
I want to thank everyone that visited my blog and hope you enjoyed the Think Christmas Blog Hop. I enjoyed your comments and hope you come back to see me from time to time. I have been so inspired by this hop and have so many ideas swimming around in my head for Christmas. Now to find the time to make everything I want to make. Thanks to Madame Samm and Lesley for all the cheers and motivation and getting this hop together. It was fun....
The winner of my drawing is:
Her comment was:
I collect Santas and yours is so cute!!! I really like the way you made him three dimensional - really adds a lot to the block! Your tutorial is wonderful - thanks!!
Congratulations! I'll put her prizes in the mail to her as soon as I get her snail mail address. To everyone else, I hope you enjoyed the hop and learned a few things and made some new friends too. I know I did!
So, until next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt