What a weekend! I have so much to tell you about. It's been so busy and I've gotten alot done.
Friday night, I went and sewed with some of my buddies at the church. I started working on my Bento blocks. I'm doing a swap with these and had to have them finished by the 11th. I just started them as I had been getting ready for the Think Christmas blog hop. I was able to finish them up today. I have to square them up and cut them apart now. I made 12 blocks and you slice them up to make 48 blocks. Here's my blocks. I hate being behind and cutting it so close to the deadline!
Saturday, my MIL came over. We went down to see my sister. I took the grandbaby with me too. My sister and BIL had never seen the baby so I thought it was time for them to meet. We stayed and visited for a little while and they fell in love with Carmen. It was a great visit. While I was there, my sister said she had a garage sale earlier in the week but didn't sale everything. She pulled out three quilt tops she had tried to sell and gave them to me. She said she didn't like them and I could have them if I wanted them. Uh, what do you think I did? Of course I took them. I was thrilled to get them. My sister is a hand quilter and she quilts on a frame. She didn't like these enough to finish them for herself. She also gave me some books, (regular books to read, not quilting books!) some crocheted doilies, some embroidered place mats. She was having a clear out and I came at just the right time. Lucky me. My sister is so good to me! I didn't take a pic of these but I'll show them later.
We left her house and headed back home. My MIL hadn't been to my #1 son's new house to check it out yet. So, we headed over there for her to see it. We had a nice little visit there and then headed home again. When I got home, I opened the mail box and had a nice little gift in there too. Debby Kratovil sent me her calendar on CD! How cool is that? What a great gift! Thank you, Debby. I'm going to really enjoy this!
I went to Joann's later and bought some things too. I have been wanting this little pincushion for a while now. I've looked at it several times but didn't like the fabrics on the ones I had seen but I decided to get this one. I collect pincushions and this will be a good addition to my little collection. I also bought a new book and am starting to read it. I've been wanting to do Etsy for awhile now and this book might just help me do it and answer some of my questions.
Now, the reason my sister gave me the quilt tops was because I told her what I had purchased last week. I went to a Long Arm demo last week and bought a new machine. I haven't got it yet but it should come in next week. I'm so excited. I bought a Tin Lizzie 18 and can't wait until it arrives. I hope I can finish up all my UFO's now and my husband hopes I can too!
Now, I have to get off and review and read the blogs of the Think Christmas blog hop. Today is the last day of the hop and I've got to see what everyone has done. I've got to trim my blocks up too so I really have to hurry. til next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt