I went Saturday and spent the day with my friends doing scrapbooking. I'm not sure if I want to spend so much time on this. It's fun but it also takes away time for quilting. I'm going to try it for a while and see if it grows on me.... especially since so many of my friends are doing it. Some of it was fun and it doesn't hurt to get my pictures together either. I spent so much time at her house that I did not get to the quilt store for my directions. I'll have to go by and do that this week... I want to put that quilt together and finish it. I'm ready to see it on my bed....
Yesterday, I had all my scrappy strips cut for the Bargello Bowl and decided not to use them. I pulled out of my stash two Jelly Rows. I had another pattern picked out for these but decided against it and didn't know what I was going to do with these. Saturday night, I was up in my sewing room and I saw these and the light bulb went off. I could use these for the Bargello quilt! I started sewing yesterday about 3:00. I stopped and watched some of the Super Bowl hoopla and cooked a late lunch, early dinner for me and my DH and anybody else that turned up. I thought my kids and grandkids were coming but they had unexpected company.
It was nice to sew without too many interruptions. I went back to sewing and I'm almost finished with the top. I have 8 strips ready to sew on and it will be done. I'm going to have to buy a small amount of fabric to do an inner border. I'm thinking about doing a braided border or piano key border...I haven't made up my mind. I'll put pictures up later today when I sew the last 8 rows on. My plans are to sew after work today to finish up this part of the top...Hopefully, DH doesn't have plans for me tonight....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt