Yeah!!!! I finally finished that quilt top that's been hanging around for about 3 (?) years. I'm not sure how long it's been....2 or 3. Anyway, I received about 9 of the blocks from a drawing in my small group and I made the other blocks to finish the top. Of course, I had to go out and buy more fabric at the time to finish it up. I made the blocks, then had to make more for the sashing. I put this away for awhile cause I didn't like the border in the pattern. I did not want to make more points to go around it. I found some fabric in my stash yesterday and it told me it wanted to be the border fabric around the stars and I said ok....I put some brown fabric (also from my stash) for a small inner border and the autumn fabric for the outer border and now the top is complete....I like this top better now than I did. I had really lost interest in it because I am not a yellow person, but when I saw that fabric yesterday I just knew it had to go on this little quilt. I had forgotten about this fabric. I had no project in mind when I bought it, I just liked it and had to have it. I must have bought 3 yards. I even have enough for binding...now to get it quilted. The name of the quilt will be Autumn Stars.
The March 2015 Free Motion Quilting Challenge!
9 hours ago