This week ended up being very busy. I was going to work on my quilt and have it done by Wednesday...well, here it is Friday and I might get to work on it tonight! I have had fun this week but no sewing time. Tuesday night, I went to the Mesquite Guild meeting. My friend, Marianne was supposed to be the guest speaker but last week she passed away in her sleep. I bet she's having a good laugh on me. I tried over the last two years to get her to the guild and every time something has happened....I booked her three different times and never got her there. I guess she just wanted to keep us wanting to see her quilts! I will miss you, friend....
We had a substitute speaker for the meeting and she did a wonderful job. She even said she had taken a class from Marianne the week before! She talked to us about making quilted sweatshirt jackets. She had about 10-15 jackets with her. Nice presentation and very informative. It even made me want to make one, kinda....
When I got home, I made my binding and marked my scallops on my border. It was late when I did this and I thought I would come in Wednesday night and work on it. I didn't get to sew then either.
Wednesday night, I had to go shopping for a surprise Baby shower for my D-I-L. I bought several things on her register and I even did some birthday shopping for my grandson. I had a great time shopping for them. I feel so prepared now for the birthday and don't have to rush around for that. That's one thing off my guilt list....Babys R Us even has free gift wrapping. I didn't know that until I bought my gifts there. There were two ladies wrapping their stuff over there and I thought they worked there. I walked over there as they were walking away. I stopped them and asked them if they could help me....They looked at me kind of funny and started laughing. I didn't get the joke until they told me they didn't work there! They said it was free gift wrapping but you have to do it yourself. I felt like a complete idiot by this time but they kept laughing and said they had gotten pretty good at wrapping by this point and would wrap my stuff for me if I wanted them to. I told them I appreciated it but that I could handle it. We all had a good laugh over my stupidity. I think it made their day though so I was happy about that.
Last night, (Thursday), the fun didn't stop. My MIL and I went over to the girl's house that was giving my DIL the surprise shower. I parked in the back driveway of this house. There were two little girls in the back yard on a trampoline looking at us when we got out of the car. One of the girls stopped and I asked her if this was Emily's house and she said no. After quizzing her a little further, I determined that we were at the wrong house and she didn't know who we were talking about. My MIL looked at me and said, what are we going to do? I told her the first thing was to get back in the car and get out of here- I called Emily and she gave me her correct address. (I got Emily's address from my son....it just goes to show, you can't trust a man to give you directions, let alone an address to go with those directions.) We went over to Emily's on the next street and parked. We were early and helped her get ready for the party.
My DIL came in and she was totally surprised. When she came in, she saw me and didn't know why we yelled surprise at her. She knew she was coming for a scrapbooking party- she didn't know it was a party/shower for her. My granddaughter (she's 3) saw my car outside and said, there's Grammy's car. My DIL didn't think it was my car. She just thought it was someone else's and didn't put 2 and 2 together. She said from now on, she will believe Alayna about the cars. (Alayna is just like a little boy when it comes to cars....she knows cars and loves them. Both of my boys were car crazy from an early age and they knew all kinds of cars. They could tell you what a car was before an adult could. I think she must have the car gene too!) Anyway, it was a fun night and Carrie got alot of nice things and was pleasantly surprised with the shower/scrapbooking party. All the pages we made were for her and the hostess gave her a scrap book for the new baby...
Tonight, I'm going to get my hair cut and get home and sew. I have got to sew...I'm having withdrawals now from not sewing this week. Til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt