Last week I did go to a meeting on Tuesday night at the Senior Recreation Center. No, I'm not a senior yet, that's just where they hold the meetings. I was very impressed with the center. I went there for a tatting group. I used to tat years ago and tried to pick it up again and couldn't remember how to do it. It's one of those things, if you don't use it you lose it....Anyway, I went and met with a few other ladies (there were 8 of us in all) and they got me back on the road to Tatting. I worked on it a little this week while I was feeling sickly. I watched a little TV and did this at the same time. It's like riding a bicycle. You pick it up pretty quickly once you can remember how it's done. The ladies meet every week but it's not a guild. It's just a group of ladies that want to keep the art of tatting alive for the next generation. Two ladies started this little group in April of this year and have added to the group and shown other women how to tat. The main two ladies know how to tat, one is a Certified Tatter and the other is not certified but sure knows her stuff...They meet and teach tatting to anyone that is interested, no charge. Just show up and learn...I had a great time and plan on going back and visiting with this little group of women again.
The Recreation Center is wonderful. On Tuesday night, they had a quilting group there and a square dance group... The quilting group is a beginner group and they have a good group of ladies that meets there too. They meet on Mondays and Tuesdays. Very small charge to have quilting classes. There were about 90 people dancing Tuesday night when I was there. I didn't know what kind of dancing it was but it was considered Square Dancing....It wasn't like with the flouncy dresses or quick sashaying but it was definitly square dancing and it wasn't just seniors either. It was all ages and it was so fun to watch. I had a great time watching everybody else have a good time. I'm definitely going back to watch!
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt