I went with some friends today to an ASG workshop. (American Sewing Guild) We went to the bored meeting (oops, my bad, should read board meeting but if truth be told the first spelling really shows how I felt) and broke for lunch. We went to one of my favorite places...Babe's (I love their salad and corn...then we came back and had three mini classes on various sewing/quilting/crafts. I went to a class for quick tips for quilting. Nothing new unless you're new to quilting. It was a takeoff on Billie Lauder's quick tips or Nickel Quilts tips...same difference. How to use 5",6" or various size blocks to make easy blocks like 4 patches, half square triangles, etc. It was ok but I wanted something more....Gave me an idea for a quick class for my small group for our beginners so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
My friend was teaching a class on using ink with shaving cream and making marble fabric. My other friend was teaching using fabric markers to make your fabric. These were fun to do too....here's a picture of what I did. I'll use these and make a small wall quilt or post card or something out of them...
I have not seen Shirley(one of the friends I went with) since Christmas. We are in two different groups together but I have not made it to either one for various reasons. She went to Hawaii with her husband back around Thanksgiving for their 45th Anniversary. She took all her kids and grandkids with them too! Wasn't that sweet....Anyway, she brought me back a gift and I wanted to show it to you. It can be used for sewing, crafts, makeup or whatever I want. She said the Hawaiian symbol stands for friendship, isn't that sweet? I just love her to death and I am so glad she's my friend. Thank you, Shirley for such a wonderful gift. Love you girl. Thank you for thinking of me on your trip...
The card beside the bag is a Hawaiian Christmas card. Isn't that cute?
She also gave me the cheater fabric and the little rings. See if you can read what they are for....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt