Ok, I said I wouldn't start anything new....I really haven't except for tatting. I'm doing these so I can get ready for the State Fair. My tatting group has decided to enter our tatting into the Great State Fair of Texas this year. There hasn't been any tatting at the fair in several years so we thought we would change that. So here are some things I've made in the past 2 weeks....I can't seem to think of anything else right now. It's like a virus. I enjoy doing this cause I can sit in front of the TV and do it at the same time...I have got to start my quilting back soon and I will....next week.
This heart is called Heart's Desire and is a pattern by Sue Fuller. I got it off the Georgia Seitz website...click here to go there.
This heart is from the book Learn to Tat by Janette Baker
These are a few little pieces I've done just to learn how to do things.
This is called Hope and is out of Mary Konior's book, Tatting with Visual Patterns.
The blue one on the left was made with size 10 thread, the smaller version was a size 20 Flora thread. I didn't like the size 10 with the bigger picots. I like it better in the smaller version but wished I made it with a solid color instead of variegated thread. I really like her book and want to make several more if not all the patterns out of it.
This is a little bookmark I made off of Yarnplayers blog. Click
here for the link
Now, this last picture is something I'm working on now. This is a necklace I'm working on adding beads to it. Our assignment for the week was to do something with beads. Anything we wanted to do. So I found this pattern also on Georgia Seitz's website and it is called Filigree Necklace by Susan Phillipo (a/k/a TatWolf) and here is a link to that pattern. It is a fun, easy pattern for split rings. I really like this Mexicana thread by J P Coates Royale Classic...fun color to work with.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt