Ok, I know I should feel guilty about not posting but I've been taking a break and I don't feel guilty at all. I have enjoyed my time off. I can't say that I've gotten alot done. All I've done is veg out in front of the TV and tat. I have spent alot of time with my kids and grandkids and enjoyed that too. Tomorrow is back to work and no more time off for awhile. It will be good to get back to normal but I really needed this rest time.
I have learned a few things in tatting and wanted to show these to you. I am working through this book called Learn to Tat. It is alot of fun and I have enjoyed doing it. Tatting is very interesting to do and if you get a chance you should try it. This book is a good book to start with.... Here's my pictures.
This is an edging I am still working on. This is working with a shuttle and a ball....I plan on making some pretty pink pillowcases for my granddaughter to use this on.
This is a Christmas card I received from Cathy in our Tatting Group. It shows how tatting can add a little something to a card to personalize it. Lovely.
These are some cute little angels I am making out of the book: Tatting Patterns and Designs by Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Perrson. These are really sweet and I plan on making alot of these this year to give to friends.
These last two pictures are some quick bookmarks I have been working on. I challenged myself this last week to learn how to do the split chain. These were fun to do and I plan on doing more and adding trinkets or charms to them too.
Tatting is not taking the place of my quilting, it will just be adding to it. I plan on doing some crazy quilting and adding embroidery and tatting to the designs. I like to tat at work during my lunch break and while I'm watching TV. I plan on getting back to my quilting this week. I have alot of things to work on. My machine is calling to me and I will answer her call soon...Til next time...
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt