cI am finishing projects this year. I don't plan on starting anything new until I finish at least 10 things. Whether it's knitting, tatting or quilting....
Since it is a new year, I decided it was time to organize and clear out. I did not make any New Year's resolutions this year but I decided this was going to be a finish it or give it to someone that will year. I have been reading other blogs and several of my blog friends get so much more done than I do. One of them said she makes a monthly project list and works off of it. She gets alot done too! She posts some project nearly every day that she works on. I'm not jealous or envious or anything like that but man, I wish I was that motivated!
I started cleaning and organizing my sewing room last night. (Oh yeah, one more observation) I'm changing the name of my sewing room to my sewing parlor. It's not big enough to be a studio but I already have a plaque called My Sewing Parlor so I'm official. Ok, back to my story... I have been pulling fabric and putting kits together from my stash. I have cut alot of my fabric into strips and I'm going to finish that up too. I have bought more books than can fit on my bookshelves so I've decided to have a purge on those too. Some will go to Half Price books, some to my guild and some I will be selling on Craigslist or Ebay.
Here's some knitting that I finished today. I had to finish one of the blue sox foot and sewing it up. I did that and hid my threads. Yeah, a finished pair. The Ecru sox I had to do the same to them also. Now, both pair are finished and I can wear them just in time for the cold front coming in. I finished this scarf and hid the threads and wore it tonight. I love it, it's a real soft wool and feels great. I made two of these and I kept this one. Ok, that's three finishes and organizing too! Seven more finishes and I can start the BOM's I have found on the net. I like both of them. One is a real simple embroidery BOM and the other is a basket BOM. I love baskets so I'm looking forward to this one. I can't start it til I finish so keep a look on my blog and you'll see me finishing up some UFO's real quick. Ok, here's the pictures of my sox and scarf...til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt