Yeah, it's raining! I am so glad to see the rain. I don't like to drive in it but we sure needed it. I wish I could stay home and enjoy it more but I'll suffer and stay at work and listen to it and look at it fall outside the window at my office. It's turned a little cool too and that's refreshing. I guess this will be our last cool off before hot weather gets here. I had to pull my jacket out again this morning. I'm glad I didn't pack them away yet. Keep on raining!
I heard it was going to stay like this for at least 2-3 days. I just don't want it to flash flood. I remember 2 or 3 years ago (I don't remember when it was but it is the same weekend we had the Dallas Quilt show) and it rained so hard that part of the building flooded. Several cars were flooded too. One of them belonged to a friend of mine and she had to have all new interior put in her car. She made out pretty good. They had to re-do something with her motor and it's like having a new car. Anyway, there were no quilts ruined and no one hurt in the flood and that was the important thing. Attendance at the show will probably be down because of the rain though and that will be a shame...We'll see what happens.
The Dallas Quilt show is this weekend, March 13-15 at Dallas Market Hall. If you get a chance come to the show. I will be working at the show for the quilt shop, so come see me. I'll be at the Quilters Connection booth....come say hi and tell me you read it on my blog. I would love to meet you.
Last night, I went to my tatting group and as usual, we had a great time. We worked on beading last night. I went home and finished what we did at the group and I will take a picture and post it this afternoon. We worked out of a book by Nina Liben? I'll correct the spelling later. We made a snow flake. I didn't know it was a snow flake. I made mine using navy blue thread and blue beads so it will classify as a night time snowflake. This was fun to do this one. Beads are very pretty but they are cumbersome to work with. It's like tatting a little bit....at first, it's hard to do and you feel awkward then after a while, you kind of get used to it. You become more comfortable, I guess that's what I should say. Anyway, there were 6 of us doing it and one of us finished it in class. Of course, the one that finished it is the teacher's pet. Yes, Mickey, I am talking about you! All of them are turning out very pretty and next week, I'll ask everyone to bring them and I'll post them for all to see. Ok, I have to go look out the window again and watch the rain before I go back to work, til next time.....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt