I came home and attached another binding to one of my quilts. I will do the hand finishing later tonight and tomorrow night. Here are some pictures of what I have put the bindings on yesterday and today...
This is an antique quilt that I bought last year and I put it aside to bind at a later time. The later time has come. I put the binding on and started on the hand work but wanted to get the pillowcases done tonight too so I will finish this tomorrow. Don't you think this is a lovely quilt? I have covered up with it a few times without it being finished, but I was very careful with it. I think it will look great finished. I'm so excited!!
Here is the charity quilt I sewed together yesterday. I put the borders on it this afternoon. I dug around in my stash and came up with this orange fabric for the backing. I think they'll have to dim the lights for this one. Wow, this is bright but I hope some little person will like it...I had forgotten about this orange fabric(it's hard to forget this one!) It was just sitting there waiting for the right quilt to be put with and I think this one is it....What do you think? I'll have to wait til tomorrow or Saturday to pin baste it for machine quilting. I have run out of time tonight.
Last, but not least, I made these pillowcases for a friend at work. They are made out of Texas Tech fabric. She wanted the Texas Tech logo to go the right way and the fabric wasn't wide enough so I had to make the casing wider than I wanted. I think she'll like them anyway, at least, I hope so.
I have been busy tonight but it was alot of fun. Now, I'm going to eat something and watch TV. I DVR'd Grey's and Private Practice so now I get to enjoy those. Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt