Last night I got home and got busy. I had my MIL's quilt to bind but had no binding fabric. I looked at the quilt and decided there was enough fabric to trim off (after machine quilting was done) to use for the binding. I trimmed it and cut the binding from that. Just enough! I sewed the binding on her quilt and will do the handwork tonight. Thursday is my TV night....can't miss Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice!
After I sewed that binding on, I pulled out another little quilt and cut the binding for it and sewed in on. Hopefully, I'll have time to finish that one tonight too. Lastly, I finished sewing all the blocks together for another charity quilt. Now all I have to do is put the borders on it. I'm going to just machine quilt it quickly. I'll get home today and work on it. Maybe I can finish the top and get it ready to be quilted before my shows come on... I felt so good getting these to this point. I felt like I really got some things done. I'll be able to check these off my list soon. I am so ready to start some new things but really do want to finish these first. I get such a thrill out of seeing a project through to completion.
I know I'll be able to get more of my quilts and projects done soon as I have decided after 10 years to quit working in a quilt shop. I turned my notice in but will be helping out through the end of March. I can't leave them in the lurch since March is quilt show month. I'll be working at the show for the shop and I'm looking forward to that. I'll get to see all the quilts and my friends too. It is alot of fun. I have one more class to teach then I'm taking a break from teaching too. I'm looking forward to sleeping late on Saturdays and sewing on my own stuff more...
Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt