Tuesday night we worked on some little bluebonnet pins and we practiced the Self closing mock ring. Very interesting technigue, not the easiest thing to do but with practice, it will get easier, I hope. I had to start over a few times, I couldn't get my loop to close. I was using two colors of thread and I kept getting too far away from my knot. It would not allow me to close the ring. I'm going to try a simple pattern with it and see if I can do it. I'll update you later in the week.
This tatting group is so much fun. We laughed and cut up all night. We even got some things done while having a good time.
This group of ladies is a very talented group. We have ladies that do all kinds of crafts. One of these lovely ladies, Mary Jo, is a knitter and she showed me how to cast on the Moebius scarf. I'm working on this during my lunch breaks this week. I've wanted to make one of these for a long time now so when it's finished I can scratch this off my list of things to do in my lifetime...(I have a very simple bucket list! )
Last night was my last official employee meeting at the quilt shop. I will miss working there but I will not miss having more time to dedicate to my projects and my off time. I will still be teaching a few classes now and again but no more working on the weekends! Woo hoo, I get to sleep late on Saturdays again. This Saturday is my last day at the shop. It feels kind of strange to be leaving but I know it's going to be better for me. I'll get to spend some more time with my quilt buddies and my grandkids on the weekends.
Tonight is our small group quilt meeting. I haven't been home one night this week and I haven't sewed all week. It will be nice to get back to my sewing machine and make sure it still works. til next time.....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt