Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday night sewing with friends
Last night I went to a church in Mesquite and sewed with some of my friends. I've known about this for several years and never gone. At the last quilt guild meeting they announced that they were meeting again at the church and invited anyone and everyone to come. I went and had a wonderful time visiting and sewing. They said they had been meeting the 1st and 3rd Fridays at this church for over a year and had invited others from the guild repeatedly to come. I didn't realize it was a sit and sew until last night. I don't know if I was just deaf or what but it finally sunk in and I went. Well, I'm hooked and am definitely going back for seconds. I had a ball. I knew most of the ladies but there were a few I didn't know until last night. Some are new to quilting but most are veterans like me. I sat and visited and worked on the pincushion I showed a couple of posts ago. Some of these ladies go to this church and that's how they get to have the meeting here. The church has even given them a designated room to come during the week to quilt in. They have 3 quilt frames set up in this room along with a few sewing machines and a big design wall and all kinds of patterns, fabric, coffee cups on the wall and a big wall of windows to look out of. It was like a quilting studio in this room. They meet every Tuesday during the day and quilt on their own quilts. There are about 12 ladies that come to quilt. Some but not all of these ladies go to this church but have been doing this for about 4 years. I have seen some of the quilts that come from this group and they are amazing! One of the ladies I was visiting with last night comes to the group on Tuesday but she brings her own hoop and quilts. There is not enough room for her around the frames yet...We won't go there! Anyway, I had a great time and am definitely going back. I got so inspired last night and my enthusiasm is returning. I read somewhere the other day on another blog that this person has lost her mojo and if anyone found it to please return it to her. I think maybe, I found it but I'm not giving it up! Gotta go, my sewing machine is calling me...til next time.....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt