I started embellishing my block last night while watching TV. I put some lace on one seam and sewed it down. Then, I added some beads in the holes of the lace to tack it down some more. I really like the results. I did the buttonhole stitch on one seam but didn't like it so I undid it. I'm going to get some tiger tape so I can measure my stitches more accurately for the stitches. If I get a chance, I'll work on it some tonight. It's pretty relaxing to do this.
Here's two of the blocks that we made. I kept these two cuz I liked them. We made 23 blocks in all. Shirley kept one and I kept these two. This shows how we made up the kits too.
I also had a little kit that I worked on. It was a sample that Shirley picked up somewhere. This kit had paper pieces in it that were 1" big. I sewed around the little hexagons and made it into a flower. I'm going to put a backing on it and make it into a small pincushion and give it as a gift...No picture yet, I'll show you the finished product soon.
Talking of pincushions! I forgot to tell you about this!!!
I went to one of the LQS Friday afternoon and saw the cutest big pincushion. I have got to make this. I took pictures of them. There were two of them. One was a tall one and one was short. I'll post my pictures tonight when I get home. I did find the pattern on the website. It is a MODA pattern and is available online at their site. Here's a link to it....it is called the Prairie Flowers pincushion...Go check it out. This is definitely on my to do list and I want to do it ASAP. I'm going to find the walnut hulls for it first. At the quilt store they kidded around and called it a door stop! It is so big, it could be used for a door stop. I loved it and I have to have one.
Aren't these cute? Diana at the LQS made these and I just think they are wonderful...I've got to make these.... I like them both so I guess I have to make a tall and short one.
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt