Today was the day to pick up another block in my BOM. I picked up block 5 for next month...This quilt is not going together quick enough for me. I love this fabric. Here's a picture of the quilt. The quilt is in the quilt store and it's hung sideways but I think you can see how lovely it is anyway...
If you want to see what the blocks look like close up, go check out my other blog, http://thomasquilt2009.blogspot.com. We meet once each month and get instructions or a demo on how to put the block together. Some of these ladies are fairly new to quilting and this really helps to get these extra hints or tips plus we get to shop! The store even gives us a discount for coming in! I love this. I always feel like this store really appreciates our business and they are great people too. The owners as well as all the employees are helpful and friendly. They always make coffee and have cookies or muffins for us. It's great. Everyone in this group is alot of fun too! Good times!
After the demo, I rushed over to pick up a friend and we went and had lunch with another friend to celebrate her birthday. Happy Birthday, Cathey! I hope your day was great! Then, Shirley and I went back to her house and finished up getting ready for our class. We are now ready to give the demo and I hope it turns out ok. I'll let you know if our sewing group likes what we did.
I'm still working on my crazy patch block. I had forgotten how to do some of the embroidery stitches. I guess it's true, what you don't use, you lose! Cuz, I sure did. I had to look up some of the old stitches I used to know. But, that's ok, I remember them now and I am enjoying doing this block. I'll show you the block as soon as I finish.. Til next time....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt