Tonight was our annual picnic. It really shouldn't be called a picnic cuz we don't eat outside on the ground, we just call it that instead of annual dinner or whatever. Anyway... tonight, instead of a potluck dinner, we all chipped in and ordered from Jason's Deli. We had sandwiches, chips, pickles, fruit, cookies, tea and lemonade and the good thing was, we didn't have to cook it. We have this every year in August to announce the new leaders for our small group, the Sew What's. Door prizes are given out and gifts thanking others during the year that did things for our group. We have a treasurer, block chairpersons for the summer blocks, block chairpersons for the winter blocks, church quilt chairperson, Sunshine and Shadow person, etc, etc...I was the treasurer this year and will be again this next year and I received a gift for those duties.
I also won a door prize and everyone that attended received a gift too. The leaders this year made pincushions (one of my favorite things!) and gave out to all the members.
Here's the barbeque mit I received as a gift and the pincushion with scissors and tweezers that all of us got...
The door prize that I won was not quilt related but can be used for photos. It was a scrapbook kit...look at this. It was a great bag with 2 photo books and all kinds of embellishing items too...
I love this group of ladies. I have been in this small quilt group since 1992 and I have learned so much from these wonderful women. All of us have been the leaders/co-leaders of this group until last year, when we started getting some new members. Now, we have some new people to con into taking on these tasks! It's always fun to start a new year to see what the new leaders will come up with. I'm looking forward to another year of being with my friends.
Alot of these women have been quilting alot longer than I have. I learned from the pros...alot of blue ribbon winners and teachers in this group. I can remember how intimidated I was when I joined this group way back when. But, we sure have had some great times. Here's some pics of show and tell tonight. These are just a few but I thought you would enjoy them...
Look at this, it is so sweet. We had two leaders this year and one of the leaders gave the co-leader this as a thank you gift. All of the members signed it...
This was a panel, or should I say 4 panels put together. Sewn on lines and then cut down to the bottom layer to make it appear chenilled....very cute.
Blocks collected for a BOM but not used for the BOM...put together and made into a small lap quilt.
This was a turning 20 quilt..block sizes were increase a little bit and a big baseball appliqued on for a lucky grandson. He just got his own room.
This was a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter's Website, Quiltville.com
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt