Last week was so busy for me I did not get to even sit at the computer let alone post anything.
I went to tatting on Tuesday and one of the girls brought a cross to show us. I borrowed it and am tatting it now and trying to work out the pattern. It's a fairly simple cross and I want to make several, so as soon as I work out the pattern I'll show it.
Wednesday night I made 5 basket blocks for my Civil War block exchange group. I was going to take pictures but I had misplaced my camera.
I finally found my camera...it was by my computer that I didn't have time for all week!
I kept my grandkids all weekend. I stayed at their house and wasn't even near a computer. Well, I was but it wasn't accessible so I didn't even bother. I will be keeping my grandkids again this next weekend too. They'll be with me on Good Friday too. Woo, I love them but they give me a workout. They are 1, 5 and 6 years old and keep very busy. The 1 year old takes a nap but the other two do not and there is no real down time for them until bedtime. They fight that too and it was almost 9:30 before I threatened them to go to sleep...You can tell they are scared of me, right? I was too tired to do any sewing or anything. I did take some hand work with me but I wasn't in the mood for that. I just wanted to sit and vegetate in front of the TV. Of course, there was nothing on that I wanted to watch so I just took a bath and headed to bed.
My son and DIL went to Africa and will be gone for 14 days. My DIL's sister is watching the kids through the week and taking them to school and Mother's Day Out...I have Grammy duty on the weekends. So, I'm going to try to cram alot of sewing in the next 4 days cuz I won't be near s sewing machine the whole 3 days coming up. It will be three different Easter Egg hunts, church and Sunday dinner. Quilting will take second place this weekend....So far, the kids are doing great with Mom and Dad being gone but as the days progress, they'll be missing Mom and Dad more. I hope this coming up weekend goes as well as this past weekend.
I'll take pictures of all the stuff going on and share sometime this week. I have Amy's BOM to do and I still have my UFO to work on. I'm afraid I am behind on that one. I haven't even touched it the last two weeks. I only need 4 more blocks for that one (Dear Blanche-it's on my design wall) then I can put it together. I want to get this one finished soon so I will be working on it. It won't be a UFO much longer. One thing I like about these challenges, they have motivated me to finish my UFO's and not create anymore UFO's.
Gotta go for now, I'll show some pics soon. Stay tuned....
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt