Thursday night was my small group meeting. It was alot of fun. I haven't posted this week because I was getting all my stuff together for the program. The program I started out with was called Favorite Things, Tips and gadgets...It kind of grew into just tips and gadgets...I tried to show new things as well as older stuff that I love. I think it went ok and no one fell asleep so I didn't feel too badly about it. I did take some pics at the meeting of show and tell. So, here are some quilts and things we are working on...enjoy
This was the first BOM exchange for this year. Of course, she's already got it put together...she's an over achiever! Looks good, Sharon!
Here are the heart blocks we put together for this month....
These two pictures are the blocks for March BOM...
This is just a sample. We can do any 12 1/2" star we want to with Batik fabric and black background.
These 4 blocks are called: Jacob's Ladder variation
This was a Heart Exchange. She received all the hearts for the outside through the exchange. She is making a tablecloth out of this...
This quilt top was given to Jackie. This is one big Lemoyne star. All one piece of fabric. Jackie quilted it on her Long Arm machine. Good job, Jackie.
This is one of the blocks Cathy is working on. Another Christmas card quilt! Lovely. She does this with reverse applique. I can't wait to see the whole quilt put together.
Another one from Nona. This is a Parasol Girl. Her other quilt was little ladies with bustles. This one has a parasol and embroidery work on each little lady. Beautiful work, Nona...
close up of one of the little Parasol ladies
Sharon's first applique. Hand quilted by Sharon, a friend of ours and this will be given to the Mesquite Guild for the auction. I know what I'm bidding on!!!
Nancy made this little donation quilt:
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt