I planned on coming home Friday night and sew. I sat down to read my mail and look at the computer to catch up on e-mails and that's all it took. I never went upstairs to sew or do anything. I had the TV on and just couldn't get motivated. I could have gone to a Sit N Sew or I could have gone to sew with a friend. But, no, like a big lump I sat and just watched the TV and didn't do anything. Man, was I disappointed in myself when I went to bed! So, I decided to get up and sew today. I did get quite a bit done so I'm feeling alot better about Friday night. I got the last 4 of my blocks made for the middle part of my UFO and I was able then to put all 99 small 4 1/2" blocks together. Woo hoo, I'm glad that's together and I think it looks great. I'm very pleased with it. I only have 4 more border blocks to make and then I can put the borders on it and call this top done. I'll be doing those later tonight.
Here's the 99 4 1/2" blocks for the middle section. This is my UFO#2 which I call Dear Blanche.
I have an inner border to put on then, I can put on the outer border which are pieced blocks. I still have to make 4 of these before I decide where the blocks will go...I just wanted to throw them up on the design wall to display.
I made 10 cosmetic bags today. My ASG (American Sewing Group) makes these and we put all kinds of personal items in them. Shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, washcloth, deodarant, etc...whatever we can stuff in them or as much as will fit. We give these to the Women's shelter at Christmas. We try to make them during the year and save up as much stuff as we can during the year for these. We have a stuffing party and have alot of fun doing these. We also make backpacks for the kids that go to the shelters and put things in them too but we also try to put colors and coloring books or some little toys in them for the kids too. We enjoy doing these and the shelter really thinks the women and kids that get them enjoy them too. Here's a picture of those. We are making bags for the soldiers too but I have to get some heavier fabric for that and will do some of those soon...
I also did two other blocks today. Both of the blocks are for swaps but one is for me and one for someone else. The pink one is the block I decided to have my group make for me. We have to make up the block and give the directions out when it is our time for the block exchange. Sometimes, we give fabric with the exchange too. It's just up to the individual what they want to do. I'm just giving the directions out and asking people to make the block in white on white fabric, with a dark pink and a light pink. It's a very easy block and I want it to be scrappy so this should do it for me. I will either make this for my granddaughter or give it as a community service quilt....I'll decide on that later.
The other block is a BoM that I am in charge of. This is the 2nd block and it is called Friendship Star. (Oops, I forgot to take a pic of this one. I'll do it later.) Very easy block and sews up fast. I am going to take a break and go eat with my family then come back and sew later...more to come....
Here's my block I want everyone to make:
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt