Friday night was sewing with Heidi night. I went to my son's house first and had supper with them and played with the grans for awhile. Then, I came home and sewed up some more Cosmetic Bags for community service...I made 10 bags last night and made block 2 of the Jelly Roll Sampler. I got up this morning and sewed up ten more cosmetic bags...I would have made more but I ran out of zippers again. I have more fabric but will have to get some zippers before I can continue. I'm going to try to make 50 bags. So far, I've made 30. These are quick and easy to make and are so appreciated by the ladies we give them to.
Block 2 of the Jelly Roll Sampler: I'm so loving these colors!
Today, I made one block for our friendship exchange for my small group. We normally only make one block a month but this month we have 2 blocks, so I will make that one later tonight. It's a 12 1/2" star block and I have to decide what star I want to make. I'm still deciding. Here's the one I finished.
This is called Jacob's Ladder Variation.
Do you remember I told you about a 4 patch exchange I was involved in, and showed you the 10 - 5 1/2" blocks I had made..here's the pic of those.
Here are the blocks I exchanged those for and I have sewn them together. I am making at least 10 of these per month to exchange, maybe more...This quilt looks really cute and is a great way to use up scraps. I have a picture somewhere of the quilt. When I find it, I'll post it.
Anyway, so far, that's what I've done. I'll try to sew a little tonight too but wanted to show you what I did today while it was rainy and cold outside. It's supposed to snow. Imagine, this is the first day of spring. I'm ready for some warm weather! Til next time....
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt