Yesterday, I went to a machine embroidery class. The class was hosted by our LQS-Thomas Sewing Center, and the guest speaker was Walter Floriani. This class marked the end of a week long series of classes celebrating Christmas in July. It was very imformative and interesting. Walter Floriani is a very vibrant man and speaker. He is very charming and worked his magic on the crowd of women and men alike. He comes from a long line of embroiders starting with his Great-Great Grandfather and his skills as an embroiderer were seen over by his Father and Grandfather. I was very impressed with his antique lace that his ancestors made. Lovely pieces of lace. It was a long class but we took a few breaks to shop and have refreshments. I was tempted to buy his Embroidery Software but decided not to. I already have a program and don't use it. I sew and quilt more than I embroider and I was sorely tempted but didn't think I would benefit or get my money's worth out of it. I really shouldn't have bought an embroidery machine again. I already had one and I used it alot for embroidery when I first purchased it but...Maybe, later on, I will start doing embroidery more but for now, I'm catching up on my sewing and quilting projects.
Aren't you proud of me? I'm trying really hard to stay on my sewing budget and I have done really well this month. I did make the Placemat bag and bought fabric for the lining plus I have two more to make and I purchased fabric for those. That has been my only purchases of fabric this month. I am making these as gifts for Christmas so I really don't feel guilty about that at all...
After class, I ran some errands for my husband and son and I did not get back to sewing at all yesterday. I still had my headache all day. Just not a good day to sew....
We went to dinner and I had an allergic reaction to the avocados that were in my salad. I took some benadryl and along with the headache pills I had already taken, that knocked me out. I went to bed about 9:30 and I was out!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt