I worked on two more of my blocks last night. I got one completely finished and it's called Broken Dishes. This is the biggest broken dishes block I have ever made! I worked on the other block and was on the last few pieces and was getting ready to put it all together and noticed I had sewn the outside pieces together wrong. I turned off my machine, grabbed Mr. Ripper and the pieces and came downstairs to unsew. It was quitting time for me. I unsewed the pieces and they are now ready to be sewn properly and the block finished. I try not to ever leave an error in my sewing when I stop. I try to always unsew it and sew it properly or get it ready to be sewn the next time I start. That way I'm not ending on a bad note and I won't forget to correct it when I start sewing again. These blocks are easy blocks with the Marti Michell templates but there are alot of pieces so they take awhile to do...I'll take pics later and today and show you my finished blocks.
I received a nice little gift in the mail yesterday too. Cornfield Quilter sent me a little surprise gift. It was a quilt pattern and it has a star on it. My favorite thing! She sent me this because I'm such a nice person...Actually, that's true, but she sent me this little surprise because I signed up to follow her blog and I was her 100th follower. Thank you so much, I will enjoy this little pattern!
Tomorrow is TAQG Rally Day. For those of you out there that do not live it the big state of Texas...TAQG stands for Texas Association of Quilt Guilds and is an organization made up of Texas Quilt Guilds. These guilds get together once a year in July and have a meeting with a national guest speaker and play all day long. This year's speaker is Cynthia England. She is amazing and I am really looking forward to this. Here's her website. http://www.englanddesign.com. If you haven't seen her work, go check out her site and you will see some of her work. Pictures do not do these beautiful quilts justice. They are so wonderful in person. I first saw her work several years ago when she won Best of Show at the Dallas Quilt Show and I have paid attention ever since. One of these days, I'll do something with her methods.
My electricity just came back on from a spectacular lighting storm and I have been sitting in the dark for 2 hours. I didn't do any sewing or anything tonight. I'll finish my block tomorrow night and show them to you then. Take care and have a great weekend.
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt