I was able to sew a little on Friday night and I sewed up these two little tablerunners. Now I have 5 tablerunners to quilt on. I think I need one more for the girls on my Christmas list. I'll be quilting these soon....Here are the two runners...
I also made this ribbon strap or whatever you want to call it for my scissors. I've made these alot in the past and I enjoy doing these. I got some new little scissors last week at the quilt show and a roll of ribbon came with them...
I'm in a Christmas mood now so I thought I would work on Christmassy things...This is all thanks to the Cornfield Quilter. I was looking at her blog the other day and she was working on Holly leaves!
I love Christmas and I work on Christmas all year long. I haven't done anything in awhile but it did remind me about these 9 Patch blocks I had laying around. They are all Christmas fabric. These are 12" finished blocks. I had twelve of these that I had never done anything with. I pulled the 12 blocks out and this morning I made 12 more. I thought about the disappearing 9 Patch but decided to go with a traditional setting. I used 2 1/2" black sashing strips and 2 1/2" red squares for the cornerstones. I'm going to put a small red, green or black border on it. I'm going to dig through my stash and see what I can come up with. I'm thinking about appliqueing some holly leaves and berries on it too. I want to spruce it up a bit.
Some of the 9 patches...
Here are the blocks put together...
And, these little lovelies are next on the list. I made some of these and put into a drawing. I won 7 of these. This was a few years ago. I gave these to my MIL along with the Embroidery leaflet and the Crazy Patch leaflet. She likes to embroider so I thought she would like this project to do. She gave them back to me. Not that she didn't like them, she was just cleaning out and didn't want another project to do. So, I'll be putting these together soon..
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt