Ok, last night was Friday night sewing time. I came in and started working on the friendship blocks I needed to do. I got three done and had to stop and search for fabric because one packet was short. I thought I had some of the background fabric in my stash and lo and behold, I was lucky. I did have the fabric and it was enough to make the block. I had a small amount left over and I cut it up for my scrap bin.... Here's the 4 blocks that I made.
This one is Bev's block. It is the Card Trick block and it was really easy and fun to make. I don't know where Bev got the instructions but this was the easiest card trick block I've ever made...I hope she likes it. I can't wait to see all of her blocks put together. This is a 9 1/2" block.
This next one is block 11 of the Jelly Roll Quilt Along. Only one more block to go and this can be put together...
Two blocks for some friends:
I made some 4 patches and put on as cornerstones for this Quilts 4Kids quilt. This is the one that didn't have enough fabric for the borders. I'm not real happy with this one but it's done and ready for a quilter to work on.
I put together one more row for this Floating 4 Patch quilt. Then, I sewed the 4 rows to the other section I had ready. I now have 8 rows on this little quilt and I love this. We only have two more months of exchange left. I was just going to make a small quilt but I'm liking this one so much, I'm just going to keep adding to it and make it bigger into a full size quilt. This will be an on-going quilt for awhile. This is such a happy quilt and it has been fun to see the colors come together on this one.
This morning, I have a class to go to at the LQS. It's really a demo and I don't have to take anything or do anything but sit and listen. It's a good thing too cause my head is pounding. I'm going to jump in the shower and take some tylenol. Have a good day and I'll update you later about the class. Now, go sew...
My Other Blogs
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt