I worked on a few things Saturday. My Free Motion quilting was one of the things I started....I am participating in SewCalGal's Free Motion Quilting challenge this year. I put a sandwich of fabric together and started working on my homework for this month's challenge. I started out using Robison-Anton thread on top and the bobbin. I then changed to a bobbin thread in the bobbin case. That worked a little better. I slowed my machine down too and that helped also. I went to the quilt shop and purchased some King Tut thread and some top stitching needles. I changed those out and started playing again. I could tell a difference right off. The stitches looked alot better on the front and back. I have bobbin thread in the bobbin case but it's old thread. It kept breaking so I changed back to regular thread in my bobbin. I found some Coat's and Clark bobbin thread Sunday afternoon at Joann's and I'll be trying that out next. I've heard about some bobbin thread called Bottom Line that they say is good but I can't find that locally. I'm going to order some of that and play with it too. Here's my sample of the leaves we are supposed to do this month. It was hard for me to change directions with this but I finally got that down. I'm pleased with the way the different threads made my stitches look and I feel like I have more control now since I slowed my machine speed down a little. I know it's going to just take practice and more practice to get it right. But, here's my start:
Podcast: Track Your Income with Stephanie Soebbing.
14 hours ago