I came in today from work and wanted to get started on sewing for my first Thimbleberries Sew Day. However, I had to feed the grandbaby and watch the Mavs play. I just had to do that, you know! They got their rings tonight and it was a happy night except they lost. My kids went to the game and I watched the baby....So, my sewing was delayed until I put her to bed....I got a late start but was able to finish this little wallhanging. I've had this little Thimbleberries pattern for a few years and I've been wanting to make it forever. I thought it would be fun to finally make it and I was right. It was fun and quick and easy too. I hurried upstairs and pulled some fabric and started cutting. This little pattern went together so quickly. I even learned a new way to put together friendship stars. These little stars are only 3 inches finished but the method the pattern showed was alot easier than using all squares or triangles. That's one thing I like about Thimbleberries patterns, they use quick methods and you get good results with their methods....Anyway, here's my first project for the Thimbleberries Sew Day and I know it won't be my last. I have several books of hers and there are patterns in each book that I want to do, so I should be busy for a few years anyway!!! If you want to join us, we sew the last Wednesday of each month using Thimbleberries patterns or fabric or both. There is no pressure and no quilt police, click on the button on the right hand side of my blog and you'll be directed to Barb's blog and you can sign up there or get more info.
This was a free pattern that was sent out with an advertisement for one of her books. This pattern is called Glory Be.
Ok, it's past my bedtime so I'll say goodnight. Happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt