Happy New Year! I hope your Christmas or holiday was wonderful and you got to spend time with the ones you love.
I don't know about you but I'm ready to get busy again. I decided I didn't want to overwhelm myself right off but I do want to challenge myself to get things done. I know I always do better with deadlines so I decided to take stock and see what I wanted to accomplish this year. One thing I want to do is to use up some of my scrap stash, so I turned my attention to Angela. She had a rainbow scrap challenge last year and is at it again this year. I've been organizing today and I didn't do too much with my colored scraps last year but I'm willing to try again. I love seeing what everyone does with their scraps and I want to use up alot of mine too. Angela is way more organized with her colors than I am but I can always pull mine out as I go. She's already started the month off and decided on reds. I'm going to incorporate this challenge this month with another. My group is doing a Mug Rug a month. This month is a house mug rug. I'm going to use my red scraps to make some house mug rugs. So, to that end, I'll go pull out my reds and get busy. Here's a link to Angela's Scrap Challenge, go check her out.soscrappy: Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012
But before I go, I want to tell you about the other challenge I decided to do this year. I'm always trying to finish my own projects. I like to be able to work on my quilts from start to finish. I love to hand quilt and do still hand quilt occasionally but I'm not a fast quilter and I want to see my quilts finished in my life time. I used to work in quilt shops (I worked in three different shops over a ten year period) and I did alot of samples. These samples did not have to be quilted at the time. So, I have several of those hanging around and I have several other tops finished waiting to be quilted. I like to machine quilt but I don't like to quilt big quilts on my sewing machine. I have quilted a king size quilt in the past and did not enjoy it at all. I will quilt up to a full size but I don't like it to be bigger than that. I am an ok machine quilter but want to improve my skills, so to that end, I have decided to participate in the Free Motion Quilting challenge over on SewCalGal's site. She's having 12 different teachers, one each month and she's giving away prizes too. So, I think that's a win-win combination.
There is a link on the sidebar of my blog for more info. Or, you can click here: http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/free-motion-quilt-challenge.html
Ok, I'm getting off now so I can get busy. Until next time, happy sewing!
Quilts/Knitting or anything else I Want to Make
April Get It Done Challenge List
Free Motion Quilting Blogs and websites
Getting It Done Challenge List
- March Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt-done 03-05-13
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt - done- 03-11-13
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the 2nd D4P Quilt
- February Challenge List
- Bind my Thimbleberries Garden Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Brown Bow Tie Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red Scrap Quilt
- Quilt & Bind the Red & White Christmas tablerunner-done
Little feet calendar
Amy's BOM Website
2011 UFO Challenge List
- 1. 30's Sampler..I'm still working on this one!
- 2. English Paper Piecing Baby Quilt-A Little of This A Little of That-flimsy completed 02-04-11, ready for quilting!
- 3. Scrappy BOM - Flimsy completed 01-28-11, ready for quilting!
- 4. Purple Stack and Whack- flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 5. Blue 9 Patches - flimsy is together, ready for quilting
- 6. The Moose Quilt-still in pieces.
- 7. Row By Row Quilt, quilted-binding is on but needs to be sewn down.
- 8. Hexagon Magic- flimsy completed 02-01-11, ready for quilting!
- 9. Santa Claus Quilt-ready for quilting.
- 10. Hand Pieced Stars
- Nov 21-Oh, My Stars!
- Oct 18- Boo Quilt
- Oct 10 - Christmas Tree Quilt
- Oct 10 -Turning Twenty (30's Repro) Quilt
- Sept 25- Baked Alaska-quilt top for LQS
- Sept 25 -Table Manners
- Sept 20 - Dear Blanche
- Sept 15 -Funny Flowers
- Sept 7- Pink Toile Nursery Rhyme Quilt top for Carolyn
- August 16- Plaid Teddy Bear
- August 16-Red Heart Tablerunner
- August 9 - Mother Goose
- July 27-Autumn Braid Tablerunner
- February 27- I Love to Fly-donation quilt
- Feb 20 - Warm Fuzzies-Donation Quilt
- Feb 7 - My Sewing Friends Quilt
- Feb 1 - Nostalgic Garden Quilt
- January 25 - Love Pillowcase for Alayna
- January 12 - Pillowcases for Thomas Quilt